Technology and the internet have revolutionized everything, including the educational industry. With the introduction of Online Education Platforms, learners can access quality education wherever and whenever they want.
Instructors have been adopting new methods to make online courses more engaging and interesting for learners. With future upgrades and updates, it is likely to become more convenient for students as well as teachers.
Digital Content In Education has been received warmly. Generally, this is not the case with most new things. So with all the effort and hype combined, it is safe to say that online learning is the future of education. To that end, let’s understand how online education platforms are drastically changing the landscape of education.
Table of Contents
- What is Online Education?
- The Status Quo of Online Education
- Benefits of Online Education Platforms
- Reasons Why Online Learning Can Be Deemed the Future of Education
- Create a Great eBook Learning Experience with Kitaboo
What Is Online Education?
Online education is a modern form of learning that enables education with the help of electronic technologies. It may also be termed distance learning, eLearning, internet learning, etc.
All one needs is an internet connection. With the help of online platforms, learners can sharpen their skills in difficult subjects or even learn a new skill. They just need to enroll in any course they wish to learn, and they are good to go!
The Status Quo of Online Education
Online learning has empowered students to seek and receive education effectively at a very low cost. As most online courses are self-paced, it allows students to fit education into their lives along with their day-to-day activities.
The recent global pandemic has brought new shifts in education. It has triggered an interest in online learning among students even more than before.
Being physically present in a classroom isn’t the only education option anymore. Schools have adopted the latest techniques to keep up with the 21st-century education system. Young children have already been introduced to digital content in education, so the process is already quite normalized for them.
Many online learning platforms started offering free access to their paid courses in light of the pandemic. These courses provided an immersive learning experience and helped students to develop new skills.
Anyone can sign up on these platforms to gain in-demand skills in technology. Some popular online education platforms are Skillshare, Coursera, Udacity, Lynda.com, and Udemy.
Benefits of Online Education Platforms
Being a new form of education, online learning has its own set of benefits. Let’s take a look at some reasons behind its increasing popularity.
- Time flexibility: Students can learn at their own pace and educators can teach at their own pace. Online learning teaches essential time management skills and helps strike a good work-study balance.
- Easy access to a wide variety of programs: From quantum physics to music composition, there are infinite subjects and skills to teach and learn. Studying a course online is an excellent way to get an official certificate, degree, or diploma.
- No transport hassle: Digital content in education can be accessed from the comfort of one’s home. As a result, learners not only save on travel time but also save on travel costs.
- A customized learning experience: Online platforms offer flexibility based on every student’s learning capacity and requirement. They also provide access to diverse material like photos, videos, eBooks, etc.
- Lower cost than traditional education: Online learning is more affordable and enables better budget management. It offers several payment options, like installments or per-class payments. Furthermore, there are many scholarships available for online courses.
Reasons Why Online Learning Can Be Deemed the Future of Education
Technology is progressing with each passing day. New technologies are being introduced to help students realize their maximum potential. Access to information is now a basic necessity, like clothes, food, and accommodation.
Here are some of the reasons why online education is the future.
- Social learning: Social learning refers to learning with and from others through interactions. Live virtual classrooms have enabled students and teachers to interact in a rich social learning environment. Students can connect with the help of various digital tools. Mindful discussion among students is important, and online education platforms are working to bring positive changes to connect students.
- Continuous learning: Continuous learning is all about how learners enhance their skill set in a dynamic environment with new developments. Online platforms help learners acquire new skills and knowledge that will add a new dimension to their existing skill set. Thus, online learning is a cost-effective way to learn about the latest industry trends.
- On-Demand learning: This feature of online platforms has been instrumental in their growth. Modern education technology and the availability of high-quality education materials have completely changed the landscape of the education system. Students can now access online courses anywhere and anytime they feel comfortable with and upgrade their skill set.
- Personalized learning paths: The objective of this student-centric approach is to find an ideal learning strategy for individuals. Online education allows students to set their own goals at their own pace while going through the course materials. In addition to text modules, these platforms have also introduced a variety of exercises and activities to offer an interactive learning experience.
- Gamified learning: This method involves rewarding learners upon completion of each module or task. Digital platforms are introducing many new design patterns and functions to ensure students stay engaged and feel rewarded while learning. This has helped in a great way to keep students motivated.
Online Education Platforms have solved many problems related to learning, such as cost and time issues that restrict students’ learning paths. The significance of online learning is something that cannot be ignored in the ongoing period.
Online education has not originated out of thin air. Moreover, education is a continuous process that everyone requires for different purposes in their life. It should not be restricted to offline academic classes only.